With ARCOM’s specification software tools, you save time developing and producing accurate, comprehensive, and up-to-date specs your clients rely on. The software complements MasterSpec® and SpecText® specification content, saving you the time and money you normally spend on research and editing.
MasterWorks – FREE with MasterSpec and SpecText
MasterWorks, a plug-in for Microsoft® Word, uses custom toolbars and wizards that work just like the ones you use every day. These tools help simplify spec production by minimizing errors and repetitive editing tasks, helping you maintain consistent specification documents for your projects and office masters.
SpecBuilder Desktop – An optional, add-on software to MasterSpec Premium Libraries
A revolutionary new software, SpecBuilder Desktop, saves you time and money by simplifying specification editing and MasterSpec office master updating. SpecBuilder Desktop allows you to customize your documents using an intelligent Q&A platform. Based on your answers to project-specific questions, you can automatically include and exclude related spec content.
ARCOM’s newest way to automate specification writing utilizes checklist technology to quickly filter through large specification libraries. Various types of project files, communication between specification writers, and project reporting can all live within the e-SPECS software. With the addition of our Revit plug-in, you can automate specification document editing from your BIM models.
Ease the strain of producing specification documents with MasterWorks. This Microsoft Word® plug-in (for both PC and Mac users) expands your word processing power by speeding up and simplifing your entire specification development and production process. PLUS, MasterWorks is FREE with every MasterSpec and SpecText library license (a $300 value).
MasterWorks helps you save time and money by automating routine editing tasks
- Editing tools that shorten your review time
- Single-file tools that help you quickly customize your office masters
- Multi-file tools for finalizing all your specification documents simultaneously
- Wizards for quickly maneuvering through repetitive tasks
- Resources for expert guidance 24/7/365
MasterWorks uses innovative technology
- Enjoy custom toolbars and pop-up screens with shortcuts designed to make spec editing and production work the way you do.
- Automatically generate submittal logs, warranty reports, and other project management documents, keeping you on top of project documentation.
- Perfect for firms with multiple MasterWorks users
- Simplifies the installation process
- Helps your firm’s IT staff package and deploy MasterWorks to multiple workstations (using your own deployment)
MasterWorks for PC
MasterWorks for Mac
SpecBuilder Desktop includes several timesaving features:
- On-Screen Editor features a question-and-answer format to walk you through topics applicable to a particular section
- Text is included and excluded based on your responses
- Navigation tools help streamline your work
- Global settings will simplify formatting
- Reports help you efficiently manage your projects
- Office Masters save time and money on similar projects
- Auto-updates ensure you are always working with the latest MasterSpec sections
See how SpecBuilder Desktop can help you save time and improve accuracy when creating and working with office masters.
Get SpecBuilder Now
"I cannot imagine specification production without MasterSpec; we have used it for over twenty years. It is up-to-date with changes in the construction industry and even reduces our professional liability
MasterSpec client since 1989
"I have used MasterSpec my entire career. It is the best resource for specifications and a necessary part of my practice. It has great information, built-in options, and keeps me up-to-date. I save
time because MasterSpec has done the research for me. MasterSpec has the tools that make it easy for me to put my specifications together."
Ramond Rebilas, AIA, Senior Associate
Kitchen & Associates Architectural Services
MasterSpec client since 1998
"Being one of the partners of a small firm, Propel Studio, I appreciate the tools that MasterSpec provides. We can’t afford specification consultants on most of our projects so I rely on MasterSpec
to supplement our knowledge and manage our projects' specifications. I also appreciate the resources and the fact that it has everything in one place, and that it is an affordable package."
Lucas Gray, Assoc. AIA
Propel Studio Architecture, LLC
MasterSpec client since 2015
"As a multidisciplinary A/E firm, we love the completeness of the MasterSpec content and the tools such as Linx (now Altarix) and MasterWorks which help us tailor the depth of content
to each project. As a landscape architect and technical resource librarian, I find the Supporting Documents an invaluable tool. They are the first place I go when I want to learn about
technical sections that are new to me. I highly recommend to everyone in our office who edits specs to start with Supporting Documents each time."
Chris E. Grimm, RLA, CSI, Technical Resources Coordinator
MasterSpec client since 1996
"The Supporting Documents allow me to better understand specific construction materials and methods that I may have limited knowledge of. This allows me to write a tighter specification,
minimizing construction phase conflicts."
John C. Anderson, ASLA
Anderson Design, Inc.
MasterSpec client since 2001
"We are a multi-office, multi-national firm, and we rely on MasterSpec for our specifications. It is an important and useful tool. I have looked at competing specification programs and have found
MasterSpec's content to be more fully formed and thorough. The best part, that we find invaluable, is the supporting documents, especially the evaluation sheets."
Perkins Eastman Architects PC
New York, NY
MasterSpec client since 1998