The SpecText® Comprehensive Specifications Library gives you one source for the full range of your firm’s architectural, engineering, and water and wastewater project needs.
Written by professional architects, engineers, and specification experts, this library gives you access to over 710 thoroughly researched and written specifications, manufacturer- and product-selection tools, and automated editing software.
Save time producing quality specs that address procurement and contracting requirements, general requirements, and technical construction specifications for:
- Architectural and site civil work
- Water and wastewater utilities and equipment
- Structural engineering
- Mechanical systems and equipment
- Electrical work
Use a comprehensive master specification system that interfaces with standard AIA and EJCDC Contract Documents and effectively complements your project drawings.
Whether you work in a large multi-discipline firm or a small practice, you can rely on SpecText for:
- Answers for Varied Project Sizes, Types, Complexities, and Contractor Past Performance — Choose the SpecText package that best accommodates the range of your client projects.
- Cloud-based Background Research — Create on-target specifications in less time with 24/7/365 access to SpecText’s Supporting Documents.
- Codes and Technical Reference Standards — With regular updates to the SpecText Library, you know you are working with the latest industry reference standards and codes.
- Time-saving Productivity Tools — Simplify repetitive production tasks and minimize your risk of errors with MasterWorks, a plug-in for Microsoft® Word that gives you more consistent project documents and office masters.
- Sustainable Design Information — Access and integrate sustainable design criteria from within relevant SpecText master guide specifications.
With the Comprehensive Specifications Library, you can specify a full range of projects, including:
- Architectural — Demolition; siding and roofing; windows, storefront, and curtain walls; doors and hardware; finishes, including gypsum board and plastering, tiling, ceilings, flooring, painting, and wall coverings; furnishings, equipment, and accessories, including cabinets, casework, and countertops; toilet accessories and compartments; signage, lockers, flagpoles, and other specialties; and parking control, loading dock, foodservice, and other equipment; elevators and escalators
- Water and Wastewater Utilities and Equipment — Water treatment unit processes; wastewater treatment unit processes; process piping and valves; piping insulation and heat tracing; instrumentation and control panels; tanks; vibration and seismic controls; process fans, blowers, and compressors; process pumps; dry and liquid chemical feed equipment; odor-control facilities; mixers; septic systems; low-pressure sewerage wastewater and stormwater collection systems; pumping stations and force mains; water distribution systems; trenchless utilities and microtunneling; wells; steam and hydronic distribution systems; fuel distribution systems; and electrical transmission and distribution systems
- Site/Civil — Excavation and trenching, paving, and landscaping; site water distribution and sewage collection; water and geothermal energy wells; natural gas, fuel oil, hydronic, and steam energy distribution; and transmission and distribution of electrical utilities
- Structural — Concrete, masonry, structural steel and metalwork, and carpentry
- Mechanical — Thermal and moisture protection, fire suppression, air-handling and air-conditioning units, chillers, refrigeration, HVAC ducts and accessories, commissioning, controls, boilers and furnaces, and plumbing
- Electrical — Distribution and control equipment for power, lighting, and telecommunications; lighting; solar power; power conditioning; uninterruptable supply units; substations; switchgear; transformers; and metering, monitoring, and control
Explore SpecText Comprehensive Specifications Library sample sections and Supporting Documents:
|Sample Section – 331219 Water Utility Distribution Fire Hydrants|
|View Supporting Documents for||Section 331219 Water Utility Distribution Fire Hydrants|