Written by professional engineers and specification experts especially for mechanical engineering firms, the Mechanical Specifications Library helps you quickly and accurately specify equipment and systems for:
- Air handling, heating, and cooling
- HVAC Commissioning
- Steam and hydronic systems
- Fire suppression standpipes and sprinklers
With SpecText®, your master guide specification system not only helps you cover all your technical specification “bases,” but also easily integrates with standard EJCDC and AIA Contract Documents.
From one user-friendly screen, you can access over 155 thoroughly written specifications, manufacturer- and product-selection tools, and automated editing software.
Whether you work in a large engineering firm or a small practice, you can rely on SpecText for:
- Cloud-based Background Research — Create on-target specifications in less time with 24/7/365 access to SpecText’s Supporting Documents.
- Answers for Varied Project Sizes, Types, and Complexities — With SpecText, you can easily accommodate various mechanical projects.
- Codes and Technical Reference Standards — With regular updates to the Mechanical Specifications Library, you know you are working with the latest industry reference standards and codes.
- Sustainability Guidance When You Need It — You can easily find and integrate sustainable design criteria from relevant SpecText master guide specifications.
- Simplified Specification Production — Minimize your risk of errors and reduce time-consuming, repetitive tasks with MasterWorks, a plug-in for Microsoft® Word that gives you more consistent project documents and office masters.
With the Mechanical Specifications Library, you can specify:
- Plumbing — Fixtures; piping, valves, fittings, and loops; insulation; water distribution and tanks; sanitary sewage collection; sump pumps; water heaters and softeners; swimming pool systems; and medical gas and vacuum systems
- Fire Suppression — Standpipes; wet-pipe, dry-pipe, and deluge sprinklers; fire pumps
- HVAC — Ducts, accessories, and terminal units; piping, valves, fittings, and loops; fuel piping and storage; hydronic piping and pumps; steam/condensate piping and pumps; refrigerant piping; insulation; fans; chillers; air handling and air-conditioning units; heat pumps and geothermal energy exchange wells; and convection and radiant heating units; humidity control; solar collectors; boilers and furnaces; cooling towers; water treatment; testing and adjusting; commissioning; and control systems
- Integrated Automation Instrumentation — Controls; power meters, current sensors and lighting relays
- Excavation — Trenching and backfilling
Explore SpecText Mechanical Library sample sections and Supporting Documents:
|Sample Section – 238200 Convection Heating and Cooling Units |
|View Supporting Documents for||Section 238200, Convection Heating and Cooling Units|