The Roofing/Waterproofing Library streamlines your workload with ready access to over 115 MasterSpec® sections focusing on low and steep-slope roofing and reroofing, metal roofing, and green roofing as well as waterproofing of vulnerable foundation walls and plaza decks.
Quickly access well-researched, current, tautly written, and coordinated specification language for:
- Establishing product and material quality levels
- Making product selections
- Selecting installation requirements
- Documenting warranty expectations
Roofing sections include wind-loading options when delegating wind resistance design for low-slope roofing. In addition, critical information on preparation helps you easily coordinate with other members of the design team.
From creating roofing and waterproofing specifications to working with other design team members, you can rely on MasterSpec for:
- Green Roof and Cool Roof information — Easily research and create specifications on green roofs, cool roof, white roofs, reflective roofs, or vegetated roof assemblies, including reflectance indices.
- Sustainable Design Information — Easily access and select LEED v4, LEED 2009, Green Globes, the International Green Construction Code (IgCC), and ASHRAE 189.1 information.
- Easy Integration — Complement your project drawing information and coordinate with standard AIA Contract Documents, other specification sections, and Division 01 sections.
- Cloud-based Background Research — Create quality specifications in less time with 24/7/365 access to MasterSpec's industry recognized Supporting Documents.
- The Flexibility you Need — Edit your MasterSpec sections to be proprietary, descriptive, performance, or prescriptive.
- A Formal Peer and Technical Review Process — Count on industry’s feedback: MasterSpec is regularly reviewed by an AIA-appointed committee of practicing architects, roofing and waterproofing consultants , and specification experts.
With the Roofing/Waterproofing Specifications Library, you can specify:
- Roof deck construction
- Reroofing preparation
- Low-slope roofing insulation
- Low-slope membrane roofing, including built-up asphalt and coal tar, APP- and SBS-polymer modified bitumen, EPDM, CSPE, KEE, PVC, and TPO single plies
- Roof expansion joints
- Spray polyurethane-coated roofing
- Protected roofing systems
- Vegetated roofing systems
- Asphalt, slate, and metal shingles
- Wood shingles and shakes
- Clay and concrete roof tile
- Unit skylights and roof windows
- Sheet metal flashings, gutters, roof accessories and specialties, and snow guards
- Roof drains and piping
- Manufactured and site-fabricated metal roofing
- Cold and hot fluid-applied waterproofing
- Bentonite panel waterproofing
- Negative-side cementitious, metal oxide, and crystalline waterproofing
Explore MasterSpec Roofing/Waterproofing Library sample sections and Supporting Documents:
|Sample Section – 077129 Manufactured Roof Expansion Joints |
|View Supporting Documents for||Section 077129, Manufactured Roof Expansion Joints|
MasterSpec Supporting Documents include:
- Drawing Coordination Checklist
- Specification Coordination Checklist
Select the specification and software solutions that fit your needs:
Contact us at 800.424.5080 for personalized service and additional discounts (professional organization, volume, multi-year, renewal, and special promotions).
MasterSpec is licensed by site, not by seat.
* SpecBuilder Desktop - Includes one server license and one seat. Additional licenses are at $290/seat.