Historic Preservation Library
Simplify the complex task of specifying historic preservation, rehabilitation, restoration, and reconstruction projects with this specialized library of historic resources. The 85+ sections in the Historic Preservation Library are organized according to historic treatments recognized by The Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties. Easily specify the repair, replacement, and cleaning “work results” you need for physical objects and special labor requirements.
MasterSpec® gives you the tools you need to create quality historic preservation specs in less time. It is your ONE source for the most thoroughly written specifications, extensive background research, and automated editing software — all on the same, user-friendly screen.
You may add on a subset of this Historic Preservation Library to supplement your Architecture Library or any other MasterSpec library.
Whether you are preservation architect, engineer, or a traditional trades practitioner, you can rely on MasterSpec for:
- Easy Integration — This comprehensive master specification system for historic properties:
- Complements the MasterSpec libraries used by other design team members
- Coordinates with project drawing information and standard AIA Contract Documents
- Integrates special procedures and administrative requirements applicable to historic preservation treatment
- Cloud-based Background Research — Create on-target specifications in less time with 24/7/365 access to MasterSpec’s industry-recognized Supporting Documents.
- Answers for Varied Project Sizes, Types, and Complexities — Quickly create specifications for historic preservation projects you tackle. MasterSpec offers a solution that fits your role and the complexity your project demands.
- A Formal Peer and Technical Review Process — MasterSpec is the only commercial specification system reviewed by a committee of practicing architects and specification experts.
With the Historic Preservation Specifications Library, you can specify:
- General historic treatment procedures
- Removal and dismantling
- Bird excrement removal
- Masonry cleaning
- Brick masonry repair and repointing
- Terra cotta masonry repair and repointing
- Stone masonry repair and repointing
- Stone Consolidation Treatment
- Decorative metal cleaning, repair, refinishing, and replication
- Wood repair and doors
- Steel and wood windows
- Plaster (both lime- and gypsum-based types)
- Plain, decorative, and trompe l’oeill painting
- Artistic painting
Explore MasterSpec Historic Preservation Library sample sections and Supporting Documents:
|Sample Section – 024296 Historic Removal and Dismantling|
|View Supporting Documents for||Section 024296, Historic Removal and Dismantling|
MasterSpec Supporting Documents include:
- Drawing Coordination Checklist
- Specification Coordination Checklist
Select the solution that best fits your needs:
Contact us at 800.424.5080 for personalized service and additional discounts (professional organization, volume, multi-year, renewal, and special promotions).
Basic SolutionsMasterSpec is licensed by site, not by seat.
Historic Preservation Add-on to any MasterSpec library
MasterSpec is licensed by site, not by seat.
** No additional license fees for SpecBuilder Desktop if SpecBuilder Desktop was licensed with your Architecture Basic Library.